Paying Caregivers and Employees from a Trust: Staying Out of Hot Water
Presenters on Paying From a Trust: Rachel Green and Cheryl Severson, TEAM Risk Management Strategies LLC
If you encounter clients who have caregivers, nannies, housekeepers, or other in-home workers, this presentation on paying from a trust is especially relevant. We will discuss considerations to the trust and the fiduciary of being an employing entity, common missteps and potential liabilities clients face when they have employees, HR and compliance regulations for employers, and how to properly classify workers as 1099 contractors or W2 employees, alongside the repercussions of each classification.
This webinar on paying from a trust covers:
- Real life stories regarding issues within this topic.
- Why does paying from a trust matter?
- Points of consideration for both employees and independent contractors
- Correct payment of employees regarding minimum wage, overtime, and other topics.
- Payment of required taxes.
- Obtaining appropriate insurance.
- Keeping good records.
- Using good hiring practices
- Performing safe and effective employee terminations.
- Proactively managing day to day employee relations.
- Staying abreast of changes to employment law.
- Not being an employer (we explain in the video).
Rachel Green, CEO, TEAM Risk Management Strategies LLC
Rachel brings to TEAM her experience working in Fortune 50 companies across client services, operations, strategy, and business development. She is passionate about delivering high-quality service and outstanding experiences for clients, partners, and team members alike. Rachel joined TEAM as Director of Client Services, and also previously served as TEAM’s Chief Operating Officer. Rachel holds an MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business and a BA from Harvard University.
Cheryl Severson, Director of Client Services and HR, TEAM Risk Management Strategies LLC
Cheryl oversees TEAM’s Client Services and Human Resources departments. She joined TEAM in 2014 as its HR Manager and brings nearly 20 years of experience delivering client-focused solutions to companies of all sizes and across several industries. She combines her passion for providing impeccable service and account management with her specialized HR expertise in coaching, compliance, workplace investigations, and conflict resolution. Cheryl holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications from San Diego State University and maintains the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification through the HR Certification Institute.
Watch the webinar here.